Saturday, October 28, 2006

Flying the Friendly (yet still unsafe) Skies

I was in Aaron's office today. He said he wanted to show me something, so he picked up his computer bag and pulled out a large steak knife. He then told me that he had taken the knife from a restaurant when we were in France, placed it in his bag, and forgotten all about it.

This bag is Aaron's carry-on bag for flying. He flew through Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris, through Dubai, and through Beijing to Yantai. At each airport he want through a security screening of metal detectors and x-ray bag examination, and not a single security officer caught a large, steak knife with a 4-inch blade!

And these incompetent morons made me empty out my contact lens solution from my contacts case in London because they thought maybe it was some type of explosive!!