Thursday, September 07, 2006

WTF Conversations - Part I

Location: Bank of China, Yantai
(almost identical to Whyguoren's post, but he had a better outcome)

Me: Hi, my ATM card is not working in the ATM machine. Can I please take some money out with it?

Teller: Yes, of course... oh, no. Sorry, this is a debit card. Debit cards will only work in the machine.

Me: Yes, but it is also a credit card. See the VISA logo? It is both.

Teller: This card will not work. It is a debit card and debit cards will only work in the machine.

Me: I know that. Please run the card as a credit card, not as a debit card. It is also a credit card and will work.

Teller: Hold on.

Manager: I am sorry, this is a debit card and will only work in the machine.

Me: It is ALSO a credit card. It is both! I can use it as a debit card OR a credit card!! Please, just try running it as a credit card and you will see I am right!!!

Manager: We cannot. Please use the machine.