Monday, August 28, 2006

Yay, my alta mater

Ok, so I am directly stealing this post from Paul, but he only made reference to the article and I intend comment about what an idiot this kid is and how ashamed I am someone as careless and stupid as he went to my school.

For those of you too lazy to read the article, a current student at my alma mater, Lafayette College in Easton, PA, USA has been charged federally for packing a stick of dynamite in his luggage and flying from Argentina to the US. His father's excuse? "Oh, its just a careless kid who ignored the rules because he thought it would be cool to bring home some dynamite... blah, blah, blah, I'm an idiot and apparently passed along my low IQ to my son."

Seriously! How could anyone, no matter how thick they are, believe it is ok to bring a stick of dynamite on an airplane an not expect to either:

  • Die in a fiery ball of jet-fuel.
  • Spend the rest of your natural life in Guantanamo.
  • Be shot by the security patrol in the airport as large German Shepherds decend upon your bleeding carcass.

I am very proud of the school I went to. While I was no figure-head of academic excellence (har har) the school produces some of the countries most successful and ambitious people. It honesetly pains me to hear that one of Lafayette's own students could be this absolutely brainless. It makes me wonder how he could get into my school... I sincerely hope the family is loaded which mean that the admissions office is merely guilty of nepotism and not negligence.