Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rest of my SE Asia Trip

I know I haven't posted much recently and I never finished posting about my SE Asia trip.  I guess I should do that.  Its just that lately I've been so busy with work, the last thing I want to do when I get home it to write a blog post.  So I've found a way around that... I will write it from work! (Don't worry, Max... I did it during lunch).  Max is my boss, btw.

Well, I guess I should go ahead and finish  talking about my SE Asia trip.  I forget what I already wrote, and I am to lazy to look back at my previous posts, so I will just go ahead and write what comes to mind.

After a wonderful time at home, my parents dropped me at the Trenton train station and I caught a train to NYC.  As I think I mentioned once before, the subway from Penn Station to JFK airport took me much longer than I thought it would and I missed my flight!  Fortunately, the wonderful people at Cathay Pacific arranged for me to fly the opposite direction around the world, make it to Hong Kong in time to catch my flight to Kuala Lumpur, AND upgrade me for the trans-Atlantic flight.  Harvey luck is awesome.  On top of which, the staff at the ticket counter felt sorry for me and fed me Valentine's Day cupcakes.  Yum!

So, I flew from New York to Kuala Lumpur via London and Hong Kong.  It only took 30 hours of flying!  And i thought the 15 hour flight when I first came to China was bad.  Anyway... I think I've said this before, so moving on.