Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My new apartment

I am making these few entries brief, because it is late and I have been spending all evening uploading those photos. My new apartment in Yantai is awesome. Check out the pics. I live on the 20th floor, and have a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, and study. The view would be hard to beat if the pollution would allow me to see more than 4 blocks (at least I think its pollution... might be mist from the ocean). Oh yeah... I can see the ocean from my apartment and can be on the beach with a 15 minute walk.

Yantai is cooler than Shanghai, which is great. I was finally becoming accustomed to being a sweat soaked mess, but it is nice to get away from the sweltering heat. The area is definitely different. The people, the food,... nothing is the same as Shanghai. Foreigners are not at all common here like they are in Shanghai, so I get started and pointed at wherever I go.... takes some getting used to.

I finally gave in and had to try using a squat toilet in KFC... but thats enough of that story.

Work seems like it will go well. My assignment is to get the staff of 28 Fluidcare employees up to par by the time I leave. The Fluidcare program has many many problems here and I certainly will have my work cut out for me. The first place I will start is the lab... they don't even know how to do a simple triazine test for God's sake... sheesh... what do you mean, you don't know what that is either?

Well, time for one more quick post.